Jessica Amey, High School Counselor
College classes for the 2nd semester:
- We will be offering 2 college classes through KVCC next semester at the high school. Instructors from the college will be teaching COM 101 and ENG 110.
- Our Distance Learning Lab will stream 2 LMC classes next semester: POSC 101 & MUSI 187.
Kalamazoo Valley Community College is hosting FAFSA nights at their Texas Township Campus Financial Aid Office, Rm 9210 4:30-6:30pm on November 6, 13, 20, & 27 and February 5, 12, 19 & 26. Students do NOT need to be attending KVCC to receive assistance in completing the FAFSA.
- Verto Scholarship - Students can receive $1000 by enrolling in Verto's freshmen semesters abroad. By November 15th, students must (1) complete an application, (2) schedule a video call with the Director of Admissions, and (3) submit the $500 deposit. Use the following link to get started: https://vertoeducation.org/
- KVCC Merit Scholarship - Submit Application by December 12, 2018.
- Lake Michigan College - Presidential Scholarship, Board of Trustees Scholarship, Winner's Circle/LMC Foundation Scholarship, Early College Scholarship (1st Round of allocating these scholarship dollars begins December 15th).
- 2018 Honor Credit Union Foundation Scholarship - Application deadline is March 5, 2019. For more information go to: https://www.honorcu.com/whats-new/community-scholarship
- Dr. Avison and Maude Gano Scholarship - Application is due by April 1, 2018.
- Van Buren County Association of School Boards Scholarship Award - Students must submit scholarship application with attached essay and letter(s) of recommendation to the school district superintendent's office by March 15, 2019.